stretching the canvas/brushes
The original picture (which is going to be used as an Easter card eventually) ended just a tiny bit to the left of the top of the chair. I think the extension of the color came out pretty well for a first try. It's a honey colored wood panel which looks a little strange as a flat color, but I think it could work with enough text over the top.
I used random Ali Edwards magic brushes from the Story Stamp digi-kit just to see how it looked. And I have to say this technique is pretty magical :)
(it's also magic that you can hardly tell how uncooperative the dog was being during this photo shoot! lol)
ETA: I just uploaded the final version of the card. I ended up taking a darker color to mask the bits at the edge of the chair where I wasn't doing a good job blending everything. (I didn't love that original honey brown) I added a super-cheesy sentiment because the card was for a 5 yr old. And he loved it. I sent him the bunny ears as his gift.
Project Made In: Text Tricks