Hiya, this is Nic Howard for Big Picture Classes. I am thrilled to be here to tell you about my old/new 4experts workshop, Dimensional Details. I say “old” because I originally taught Dimensional Details in 2010 but I say “new” because I’m adding a ton of new content, using new product, adding new techniques and teaching it all over again. This workshop was a fabulous success the first time around and with all the added new content, I can only imagine it’s going to be even better this time around.
Now, I’m figuring a few things. If you are listening to this audio, curious to find out more about my workshop, I’m fairly sure that. Firstly, you are probably a scrapbooker or at very least are in love with paper and adhesive. And secondly, you are probably interested in extending your hobby to include some exciting new techniques.
To these two things, I say PERFECT!!! You and I are going to get on just wonderfully. That would be because a) I’m in love with coloured papers and glue also and b) I have a whole PILE of tips, techniques, how-tos, demonstrations, challenges, step-by steps and all that kind of stuff to help you extend your hobby in just the way you were picturing. Scrapbooking is fun! It’s an extremely fulfilling creative process. It’s a wonderful feeling to immerse ourselves in fabulous techniques and create stunning pages. We all admire beautiful pages, so let’s learn to create them ourselves!
Usually my creative process involves things like layering, gathering papers and products together to create backgrounds, dimension and detail. It's clusters of embellishments and creative titles, I enjoy looking for the embellishment opportunities in patterned papers and bringing those into a layout. It’s messy stuff, a little paint, a little glitter. Masking and building. Most of all though, my favourite part of the creative process is pulling all of this together into something that makes me sit back and think wow, that really was fun!
This class is full of layouts, handouts, audios, videos, challenges, tips, techniques and more. Here is a little bit more about why you might want to sign up.
- Because I have a lot to show you. I can’t tell you how many times I have had someone email me and say “How did you get your paper to curl like that? What did you do to make this or what did you do to make that happen”... I’m thrilled to be able to show you all these things during this workshop!
- I love an interactive workshop. Let’s hang out! I will do everything possible to be available to you on the message board, commenting in the gallery, chatting with you at pre-determined times and answering emails in order to make this a positive experience. I will be there throughout the whole process. One of my favourite parts of teaching is the student teacher interaction; this is totally available through Big Picture Classes!
- Scrapbooking with your stash! This is a chance to use up some of your supplies. We are going to get some layouts done. Oh yes, we are going to get some layouts done. None of the projects in this class require the use of specific products. Instructions are given for a variety of projects, and I encourage you to use the products you have. There will be tips and techniques throughout the workshop to help you along your way. Pair this with being able to use the products you already have there – a perfect recipe for success!
- Fun, fun, fun! Dimensional Details will be fun every single week, but as we work through the workshop there will be opportunity to participate in two ‘gala’ weeks. These will be extra fun weeks full of challenges, manufacturer sponsorship; I have a lot of support for giveaways, sponsored techniques and the occasional chat. It’ll be a time to share and be inspired. As always, the content of this workshop will be downloadable, so you can participate in all the message board and gallery fun and interaction, or work at your own pace. It’s entirely up to you.
- Because you loved this class last time around, you were sad to see it finish and you want to do it over again! I am still getting emails from Dimensional Details 2010 students telling me they want the class again. Will it suit you if you have done the class before? Yes! There will be a lot of content that is the same BUT there will be a lot of new, updated, refreshed and new content as well. Come join us, we’d love to have you there!
One of the benefits of this class is the sheer amount of techniques you will receive step by step instruction for. From start to finish, we are going to break down detailed pages and work on the smaller things. Whether you go ahead and apply these techniques to wildly extravagant pages or whether you use these techniques as smaller detail on more simple pages – that will be up to you. Each and everyone in the class will have free reign to take the technique to whichever level suits your personal scrapbooking style.
So…are you curious? Are you ready to get going? Come join me. Dimensional Details is going to be incredibly rewarding. Together we can create pages that will make people look twice in order to soak up the abundance of beautiful detail in your layout, while still letting the photos and story shine. You’ll walk away with a fresh new way of thinking and plenty of inspiration to scrapbook using newly learnt techniques for months to come... I can’t wait to have you join me – this is BIG!