One Little Word Project - Collage for April. Spring and this much color are short lived in the desert. This was the month for taking advantage of opportunities.
Caught up for April and working on May but it's already June!
1. The black bird is a Phainopepla an elegant bird with a crest, a bit larger than a sparrow. They are lovely in flight and usually are perched up high in the trees so I felt fortunate to catch this one in a yucca outside of my window.
2. Lovely springtime scene from Whitewater Preserve in Whitewater, CA. This was originally cattle country and there are some huge old Cottonwood trees as well as old fence posts that remain from those days. Photo from a day spent shooting there with Joshua Tree Photo Meetup Group.
3. Mallard Ducks which reside at Whitewater Preserve.
4. House Finch nest with eggs found in a Silver Cholla.
5. Beechey Ground Squirrel with a cute face.
6. Canterbury Bells, a desert wildflower.
7. Bright red Penstemons with a bit of Border Collie bokeh in the background.
8. Desert wildflowers - the Desert Dandelion and Desert Gold Poppy.
9. Gambel's Quail chicks.
10. Old fence post with barbed wire at Whitewater Preserve.