I asked Prima to share some of their best tips for making colorful titles and they have shared these fantastic ideas.
Playing around with titles is not only fun, but it adds visual interest to any project. A great title can help set the mood of the design by simple use of the right color. Of course Prima offers a variety of fabulous products which are perfect for embellishing any project! Let's take a look at two designs which use creative titles to their best advantage!
Technique: Using Bold Title Patterns
Mini-Album: "Happy" by Cari Fennell for Prima
A fabulous title can convey feelings of happiness and joy! By adding a fun polka-dot pattern in a sunshiny color you will really amp up those happy rays.
Carry the fun, bright colors throughout the book to keep a smile on your face as you fill it with precious photos from a momentous vacation or event.
- Use pre-made patterned letters for instant fun on your designs.
- Keep the pattern consistent with the look you are trying to achieve: i.e. -pair a lace pattern with wedding photos, or a denim print with a boy's page.
- Don't be afraid to use bold colors or prints on your projects!
Technique: Colored Title Play
Layout: "Journey" by Brittany Laakkonen for Prima
Try playing around with your titles by using different colors within the same title.
On the layout, "journey", Brittany colored just three letters a dark turquoise to set the word "our" apart. What a fun twist to create a title within a title-just by using different shades of the same color!
- Try misting each of the letters a different color to match your theme, photos, or mood you are trying to convey.
- For pre-colored alphabets, feel free to mix them up within the same title for a bit of fun.
- This is also a great way to use up those left-over alphas we all have sitting around!